In the technical world where almost, everything is done with the help of an electronic device. The electronic device consists of a printed circuit board also known as PCB is a circuit that connects the electronic parts to mechanical components. This printed circuit board uses in laptops and desktop computers. PCBs come in different shapes and sizes. The circuit is made of conductive materials on top of non-conductive substances. The circuit board maker can produce a PCB that consists of more than 30 layers.
Printed Circuit Board layers
Layers of PCBs are made from various materials. The layers depend upon the requirements of an electronic product. The layers play an important role in the proper functioning of PCB.
- Substrate layer: – This layer is made up of fiberglass or epoxies. This layer provides the circuit board rigidity.
- Copper layer: – This layer is used in many electrical-based products.
- Solder mask layer: – This layer is mandatory in most PCBs because all the circuital components are fixed and soldered onto this layer.
- Silkscreen layer: – The circuit board maker uses this layer to add numbers, letters, and different symbols to the PCB boards.
There are different types of printed circuit boards are available in the market such as single layer PCB, double layer PCB, multi-layer PCB, high-frequency PCB, and High-density interconnected PCB.
Advantages of a printed circuit board
- It reduces the complexity of wire connections.
- It comes in compact sizes and shapes.
- It can be easily repaired.
- It produces low electronic noise.
- It is affordable and saves energy.